Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Tone Wop!

Sent in by Beau Gregory

My first memories of Adam are from my elementary school days playing soccer with Jeremy in their backyard. Jeremy and I would have a serious game going and much to our dismay, Adam would somehow find a way to break out of the house in an attempt to get in on it. In the midst our hollering at him to get out of the way, I couldn't help but be impressed by his ability to kick the ball in the air from mid-yard to the fence at that age (he was about three at the time). To this day I still haven't seen a toddler with chest muscles like he had back then. More recently, I could always count on (and enjoyed) hearing about the current deals Adam had going. Whether it was winning all of the talk-about radios from the Surge contest and selling them, the various deals from Conn's and ebay, or former governor Buddy Roemer fetching him a drink of water at his most recent job interview, I could always count on a good story when we would get together. When I took a job in Baton Rouge in Sept. 06, I stayed with Adam and Cindy several times before I bought a house. It was during that time I learned that one of Adam's hobbies was to stay up all hours of the night searching for funny videos on sites like ebaum's world and youtube. Occasionally I still find myself checking out "Chicken noodle soup music video-official version". Tone wop!

No comments: