Thursday, January 3, 2008

Domination

Sent in by Jeremy Puckett


“Domination”

From day one Adam was a fierce competitor and hated to lose. I truly believe this is what made him so good at everything he did because losing just wasn’t an option. Contrary to popular belief, there were actually a few things Adam was not good at. Although most of those things seem to escape my mind, there is one thing that rings very clear because it was something I totally dominated him in….Table Tennis! Yes, you heard it right here, it was possible to beat Adam at a sport and not only did I beat him, but I dominated him. This fact was kept very secret for a long time for 2 reasons, he didn’t want anyone to know he was such an aggressive player in a sport considered in some circles to be “dorky”, and he didn’t want people to know that he could be beaten at anything. Those grudge matches in the garage at my parents house sometimes became quite violent to the point where we would try and tattoo each other with the ping pong ball…who said table tennis isn’t a contact sport? One of Adam’s favorite things to do in sports, if he saw himself at a disadvantage, was to somehow alter the rules or find loopholes to increase his chances of winning. Well, he tried that with me and it still didn’t work. Sorry bro, I’m still undefeated.

No comments: