Saturday, December 29, 2007

Riding Bikes

From Paul Thevenot

Back in the day, and still now, bike riding in Oak Park can be a bit risky. I remember at least a few times, we'd be riding bikes when a group of sketchy individuals would try to get our attention and begin chasing us, I believe to procure our bicycles. Of course, no big deal for Adam, catching him on a bike would have been impossible, even through college. I would have loved to get a sky cam view of these chases. Adam would be getting almost out of sight screaming at me to hurry up, while the hooligans were closing in. Luckily, we always escaped, after which Adam gave me pep talks and tips on faster riding.

________________________________________________________________
From Jonathan

This happened a couple times when Adam and I were riding. One time we got caught, and it was mostly my fault because I couldn't keep up. My bike was stolen but Adam's Mongoose wasn't. He let me take his bike back home to tell Mom and Dad while he walked. I was so pissed!

No comments: