Friday, December 28, 2007

Conning Conn's

by Darren Fournerat

Most know that while Adam was working at Conn's some of his friends got some good deals. I was the beneficiary of a few and I know of a few other spectacular buys out there. I will speak of one inparticular. It was my freshman year in college and I needed a new computer; enter Conn's salesman of the century Adam Puckett. Through multiple phone calls to the corporate people (they had to grant the discounts) and talks to the manager by Adam, I had a new computer. Adam kept speaking to different people on the phone, each time explaining why he wanted a different discount approved. After working every angle possible, I had a new, top of the line computer for 35-40% under Conn's cost. Not 40% off, but nearly half of what Conn's paid for the computer. On top of that, we got 0% interest for a year. Adam seemed to relish the success of his schemes. And many schemes there were.

No comments: