Tuesday, September 24, 2013

6 Years

It's been 6 years. I still can't believe you were only 26 on that day. You seemed so much older to me then and still do now. I have a hard time swallowing the fact that I'm 28 now, but you'll always be 26 to me, yet still seem older than me. I haven't been back to Tiger Stadium in about 2-3 years for a game. I have you to thank for my love of LSU football. I didn't know a ton of people when I started my Freshman year, but you always invited me to come to you and your friends' tailgates. I never really went to any other tailgates for the rest of my college career because I had the most fun hanging out with you. I remember once or twice you brought oysters and you shucked them as I charbroiled them at the tailgate. People from other tailgates were coming over and trying to barter with us so that they could have some of our oysters. I think we made some good trades for sausage and boudin, especially because you were only happy with giving up 1 or 2 oysters for a whole plate of food from someone else, haha. I'll always be thankful for all those games that we went to together. Thanks for taking me in and making me feel welcome. Those games were some of the best days of my life that I'll never forget. We all miss and love you so much Adam.

No comments: