Friday, November 16, 2007

Engagement

I have so many good memories about Adam but the one I would like to share is about our engagement. I'm sure as most of you know Adam and I dated a while before we were married (4 1/2 years). I was very ready to get engaged once I was in my internship for dietetics since I would be able to get a job after this. After Christmas of '03, Adam and I went to New Orleans to celebrate our 4 year anniversary of dating. He told me that we would go to a nice restaurant in New Orleans and then meet up with some of his co-workers at a hotel bar. We had a great dinner at Royal Street Cafe and then we went to meet his co-workers at Hotel St. Marie or so I thought. Adam told me to wait in the lobby. Little did I know that his co-workers were not there and he was checking us into the hotel. He came and got me and told me we were going to meet his friends in their hotel room. He knocked on the door and of course no one answered. He then pulled out a room key and said he got the room for us. Then Adam got on one knee and told me how much he loved me and wanted to marry me. The ring was perfect, simple but very pretty. He did an excellent job picking it out! I am so lucky to have found him and be married to him even if it was only for 3 years.

No comments: