Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oysters - Dragos Style

I'm not sure how it started, but Adam started grilling oysters on the half-shell a few years ago with a recipe that was similar to how Dragos of New Orleans cooks them. Cindy always made the sauce, and Adam would shuck the oysters, and I would usually help grilling them. They were amazing. In 2006 Adam decided that we would grill some at the tailgate before an LSU football game. Well we did, and everybody not at our tailgate just stood there and watched in awe. We had people coming up to us and asking if they could add some. I remember one guy walked up trying to trade some of his food (deer sausage and boudin) for some of our Oysters. I remember him hesitating, and then giving him about 2 or 3 oysters, hahaha.

I haven't had those oysters in forever. Just another thing I really miss about Adam.

No comments: