Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wrong Delivery?

I had to make the posts an even fifty, it was at forty-nine so here is a cute story I remembered recently. After Katrina, I had gotten a job at Lane Regional Medical Center and one of the floors I was assigned to was the labor and delivery unit. I needed to brush up on my knowledge of nutrition in this particular area so I ordered two books on nutrition and pregnancy to be delivered to the house. I got a call one day from Adam when he was at home for lunch. He sounded a little nervous and said he opened a package with some books I ordered and was wondering if there was anything I needed to tell him. I busted out laughing and told him the books were strictly for work. My co-worker thought it was pretty hilarious too.

This is a completely different story but related to Adam and my co-worker. Adam played a huge role in helping me plan my only and best office prank. Adam told me about the "Snakes on a Plane" phone call system in which you could type in different things about your friend and have Samuel L. Jackson's voice call anyone's phone to promote the movie. I entered my co-worker's info into the computer about 30 minutes before she arrived and anxiously waited for her to receive the Samuel L. Jackson phone call. When she got it I don't think I had ever laughed so hard! Adam was pretty impressed with my prank but he was the one that gave me the idea.

No comments: