Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Hills



After Adam and I got married, he began to realize my addiction to celebrity award shows and events. The last year he was around he said several times "One day I'm going to take you to one of these events. I don't know how but it's going to happen." Back in December of this year after Adam's passing, his cousin Cathy found out about a contest on MTV. Cathy and I are obsessed with this show called "The Hills." Adam actually liked it too. Anyway, for the contest you had to submit a 2 minute video showing why you and your friends are the biggest Hills' fans. Luckily Jonathan came to the rescue with his amazing video making skills. Cathy and I found out about the contest on a Friday and the deadline was Monday. We decided to cast Leslie as Whitney, Avery as Justin Bobby, and Grant as the Pratt in our video. Jonathan and I got the video submitted Monday night around 9 pm right before the midnight deadline. The contest rules stated you had two chances to answer your phone when they called. I had my cell phone glued to me at work. Wednesday at 11 am my phone rang and I saw it was 212 area code which is NYC and where the MTV offices are located. I answered the phone with a very excited hello and was informed that Cathy, Leslie, and I would be going to Hollywood for the MTV Hills Season 3 Red Carpet. I know Adam was just laughing at us as we were getting photos with all the cast members. It is an experience that I will never forget. Thank you for keeping your promise!

2 comments:

Puckett said...

I still am in disbelief that yall won that thing.

Cindy said...

Who could pass up Avery playing Justin Bobby??